Monday, September 21, 2009

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can....


*much head shaking and scratching*

I might be crazy. I agreed to do an 'on-site build' at a hugely popular women's event. Hundreds of ladies come to mingle, make connections, do business pitches, show their talent (there'll be a production casting call), hunt for new alliances, and more....

And I will be inviting visitors to try my Tomboy Tools while helping build (drumroll please) a picnic table for Ottawa's Habitat for Humanity.

I have no problem carrying all the lumber in, and the hardware, and teaching others how to use my tools and assemble something...

... but I'll be doing this while promoting my business, booking Tool Parties, answering business questions from potential new Consultants, and collecting visitor's info.

Interestingly, as I was writing that last bit, it occurred to me that I should really simplify things as much as possible and avoid any attempts to perform like a Chinese contortionist while juggling running saws.

Solutions:
a) A ballot and drop-box so visitors can tell me what info they want and how I can reach them.

b) A Free Shipping gift certificate that can only be activated by contacting me, and can only redeemable when they host a Tool Party.

Nice. Now to find a box ...

No comments: